RACA is a place where we hyphens can celebrate, commiserate and poke fun at all that it means to live, love, parent and party between cultures. If you have a story to tell and it’s relevant to the Caribbean-American, Caribbean Diaspora experience, we want to help you tell it. See below for our current call and submissions form.
We are currently accepting pitches and posts on the following subjects:
- What Black History Month means to you as a member of the Caribbean diaspora
- Black Panther, A Wrinkle in Time, Issa Rae and the rise of Black Media
- Valentine’s Day – Love & Relationships
- Response to the #ConanInHaiti TV special
- Parenting in the diaspora
If you’d like to write about a topic not listed feel free to pitch us.
We accept articles, photo-essays, videos and guest suggestions for our podcast Ah Who Dat?
All published contributors are paid a small honorarium
- You MUST own the copyright to anything you submit you give RACA permission
- Submissions must be original work and not previously published.
- Work may not be reproduced in its entirety elsewhere. An excerpt from the post may be reproduced with a link back to the full piece on RACA.
- RACA will edit for clarity/length as needed.
If approved, your submission will be posted with your short bio and a link to your blog or website